Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada and Washington with a staff of over 250 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are hiring a Environmental Auditor/Biologist for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
Works under direction of the Environmental Manager and the Deputy Project Biologist:
- Primarily focus will be executing environmental audits and associated environmental compliance projects/tasks.
- Prepare and participate in environmental compliance audits.
- Ability to develop environmental compliance plans.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and coaching to new or less experienced staff.
- Maintain effective client relationships.
- Conduct projects within scope, budget, quality criteria and schedule
- Provide regulatory interpretation of environmental laws and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging federal and state environmental regulatory requirements.
- Support the Senior level biologist and Permitting Specialist in regulatory permit application materials.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience conducting environmental regulatory compliance audit fieldwork or a BA/BS in an applicable environmental field.
- Valid Driver's license is required for this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulatory environmental regulations.
- Field/survey experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- ArcGIS program and have experience developing GIS resource/permit maps a plus.
- Construction auditing or monitoring experience a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $54,000-$74,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.