Sr Resident Engineer/Segment Manager
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada and Washington with a staff of over 230 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are hiring a Sr Resident Engineer/Segment Manager for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
This role will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled construction management professionals to provide oversight management of the Design-Build contractor’s activities along with management of client activities needed to progress the work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a team to provide oversight of Design-Builder activities and ensure completion of necessary requirements for progress of the work.
- Coordinate with Client to resolve issues and prevent impact to the schedule
- Provide and present segment work summary including progress, milestones, potential changes, issues, and recommended resolution measures to the Client.
- Manage Right-of-Way (ROW) activities including parcel transfers, additional ROW requests and Weekly ROW acquisition reports.
- Ensure project safety with PCM, Contractor and Client.
- Coordinate with 3rd Party Management team to ensure completion of 3rd Party activities.
- Coordinate with QC/QA team to ensure QC/QA oversight of work is completed per schedule.
- Review of design submittals, civil and structural, and supporting documentation.
- Review and provide recommendations on RFIs.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential changes.
- Review and evaluate Value Assist in reviewing monthly payment requests.
- Engineer proposals and provide a recommendation to the Authority.
Qualifications and Experience
- 15+ years of relevant construction experience.
- 10+ years of project management experience.
- 10+ years of managing and leading others.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management required.
- Professional Civil Engineering license in California preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $175,000-$225,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.