Given the depth and breadth of today’s infrastructure challenges, these are exciting times to work in the engineering and design field. Every county and city in California is doing their best to creatively solve the infrastructure challenges that face their region.
If you’re looking for a collaborative environment, a variety of interesting projects, room to grow and leadership opportunities, this is the perfect time to join Harris & Associates.
Apply today for our Civil Engineer position.
This position is in Western Riverside County, CA
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to work with municipal reference documents in conjunction with project plans and specifications.
- Work in concert with municipal district staff.
- Must be able to utilize independent judgment and initiative to achieve project objectives and work at District Office.
- Plan Check Rough and Precise Grading
- Water, Recycled Water, and Sewer plan set submittal review
- Street Improvement plan review
- Storm Drain, Hydrology/Drainage Report, and Hydrology Calculation review
- Entitlement stage plan and report review
- Check for accuracy of design and adherence to City guidelines, standards, specifications, and check lists
- Track project budgets and verify construction cost estimates.
- Interface with City staff, inspectors, developers, engineers, and the public
- Schedule, attend, and provide feedback at internal/external review meetings with applicant and City staff
- Prepare and modify Conditions of Approval
- Meet tight deadlines, prioritize tasks quickly, and coordinate schedules with several concurrent projects.
- Site visits/meetings with applicant.
- Verify conformance with Specific Plan, General Plan, Master Plans, City Ordinances, ADA requirements, and other agency requirements
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of equivalent experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities such as:
- College Civil Engineering degree, required
- Professional Engineer License, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant civil engineering, plan check, or site development experience
Harris & Associates is an EEO employer committed to excellence through diversity. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.