Harris & Associates is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today’s complex challenges in construction and design. Our offices and project sites span the west coast in California and Washington with a staff of 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in education, transportation, water/wastewater and community service markets.
We are currently searching for a Construction Manager for any number of our project sites. Prior experience in water/wastewater projects is preferred.
The Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for seeing that the project is constructed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications.
Construction Management Responsibilities:
- Daily personal interactions with clients, designers, owners, contractors, inspectors, and authorities having jurisdiction on the project.
- Meet regularly with all Harris & Associates’ field office staff to discuss and resolve project matters.
- Be the hub of the construction project responsible for its success and responsible for facilitating the resolution of all project issues in a fair but firm manner.
- Assure project is constructed in accordance with approved plans, specifications, budget and schedule.
- Coordinate and manage all Harris sub-consultants, as provided for in the Agreement.
- Observe, monitor and document the work of the contractor according to established Harris & Associates’ CM procedures, this includes management of all project correspondence (incoming and outgoing) ,including but not limited to oral and written communications, RFIs, Memos to Designer, Field Directives, Clarification Letters, submittals, change orders, and progress payments.
- Develop and distribute timely meeting agendas and minutes.
- Develop project reports as defined by Harris’ scope of work
Other responsibilities include:
Accounting Project Management, Client Management, Personnel Management, Harris’ Asset Management, Coordination and Communication with Peers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ten years of experience managing water/wastewater construction projects.
- College degree preferably in engineering, construction management, architecture, or related field. Experience may be substituted where appropriate.
- Professional engineering or architectural license desirable.
- Certifications such as CCM or PMP desirable.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled employer.